Notes and History Extractor
Make the Notes and History information more useable in Crystal Report Writer (CRW) Reports.
The ACT! for Windows Notes and History table has three major shortcomings when used with Crystal Report Writer (CRW):
1. The “Regarding” field, which holds the text of the actual note or history entry, is stored in a “memo” field, and cannot be used in selecting records to be reported
2. The “Field Changed” type history records do not include information about the prior value of the field being changed
3. The User who created the note or history is available only as a Foreign Key-link to the Contact table
Notes History Extractor solves these problems. By running Notes History Extractor and using the resulting MS Access table as a “replacement” for the ACT! Note and History table in the database definition for your CRW report, you can overcome those shortcomings:
1. The full text of the “Regarding” field is retained as a memo field for reporting purposes. In addition, the first 75 characters are also carried as a separate field (ShortText), which IS “searchable”, and can be used in selecting records for inclusion in the report
2. Every “Field changed” history record, in addition to the full “Regarding” field, also includes “OldValue” and “OldValueDate” fields and a “NewValue” field, so you can have easy access to both values and when they changed
3. Each note and history record has the UserName field, containing the contact name from the user’s “My Record” in the ACT! database
4. Each Note and History entry's Record Type is presented both as the numeric code and as "in the clear text"
5. Sales Opportunities creation are presented as separate history entries
6. Sales Stage changes (when made using the Sales Process Tracker) are presented as Field Changes (including OldValue and OldValueDate)
(NB: ACT! v5.0.2 or higher must be installed and functioning on the machine where Notes History Extractor is to be used.)
Other Products by The New Hampton Group
ACT! Goals Track daily, monthly, yearly performance relative to your targets for activities that generate
Administration Suite Keep your ACT! database healthy!
AutoFill Fields Automatically load any number of ACT! fields with values determined by the contents of another field.
CheckMark RadioButton Include “Check Mark” boxes and “Radio Buttons” in your ACT! databases.
Clear Group Memberships ACT! Group Membership Rules only ADD contacts to groups - they will not remove a contact from a group when that contact no longer meets the conditions of the rule. For accurate group membership, all group memberships must be cleared before running the Group Membership Rules.
Contact List Designer Save Contact List View designs, then select and re-use any saved design.
Contact Relationships Easily track the other contacts that each person is related to, and the type of relationship they have.
Copy Fields Contents Easily duplicate the contents of one or more sets of ACT! fields into other sets of fields on the same ACT! record.
Copy Note Click an icon on the ACT! Toolbar, and automatically create an entry in the Last Results field, showing the date of the most recent note, the user who created it, and the beginning of the note's text.
Copy System Field Access those inaccessible "system" fields on your ACT! contact records. FREE TRIAL
Data Entry Suite Streamline your ACT! data entry task.
Default Detail Writer Enter user specified default entries into the Details field of an Activity or Sales/Opportunity, or as the text of a Note.
Dependent Drop Down Make your "drop-down" lists (F2 lists or "Pick Lists") dependent on the value entered into any field on your ACT! record.
Email Status Report Easily create an eMail message containing a Contact "Status Report" in Microsoft Outlook 2000 or higher.
Encrypted Field Store encrypted data and only display the decrypted value to administrators.
Enhanced F2 Easily modify multiple selections from a “F2 PickList” in an ACT! database.
Field Value Info Keep your ACT! database well-tuned for best performance. List the unique values of any fields in your ACT! database, along with the number of records having each value.
Group Membership Copier "Clone" a contact's Group Memberships into one or more other selected contacts.
Group Suite Give ACT! Groups the power they deserve!
History CleanUp Selectively remove History records from an ACT! database.
History Lookup Plus Create an ACT! Group or Lookup based on history type(s), data range, and user(s) you select.
Initialize Protected Field Allow an initial entry into a blank field, but donít allow it to be changed.
Layout Manager Automatically switch the ACT! Contact Layout, based on a field value on the Contact record, or on the name of the database.
Layout Suite Whip your ACT! screens into shape!
NonMember Contacts Quickly and easily find all the contacts that are NOT members of a SELECTED SET of one or more groups.
Notes and History Extractor Make Notes and History data available in an MS access table, including “prior values” and Sales Stages.
Prior Contact Quickly switch back and forth between two ACT! contacts. Once you start Prior Contact, it keeps track of which contact you viewed just prior to the one you are currently viewing.
Reassign Activities Reassign selected activities en masse from one user to another user in the same database.
Rebuild PopUp List Want to do a quick cleanup and improve the performance of your ACT! database? Works with both contact and group fields to clear out all of the garbage especially for fields with the "auto update" option. Lets you choose which values to clear before rebuilding the popup list.
Remove From Group Easily remove all the contacts in the Current Lookup from any selected Group in an ACT! database.
Sales DashBoard See a clear but unobtrusive picture of sales performance, based on closed sales in an ACT! database.
Sales Process Tracker Easily track the progress of Sales/Opportunities through the pipeline, by creating a History entry each time the Sales Stage is changed.
Sales Suite Get the most out of your ACT! Sales Funnel.
Schedule Board Simplify team and resource scheduling using a graphical display of ACT! activities.
TaskList Plus See the User assigned to each activity in a display that mimics the standard ACT! Task List View.
Ungroup Contact A quick and easy way to remove a contact from membership in ALL groups in an ACT! database.
Untouched Contacts Locate ACT! contacts NOT updated during the selected date range, based on selected types of updates.
Technical Support Information
The New Hampton Group